If you have an AC unit that is older than 10 years old you may have thought about purchasing a new unit. A question homeowners often ask themselves is if it is really worth purchasing a new unit if the older unit is still running?
Is it Worth Purchasing a New AC Unit?
Weighing up the pros and cons of buying a new AC unit may help you to make a decision when it comes to purchasing a new system. Let’s look at some of the negatives and positives of buying a new air conditioning unit.
The Cons of Purchasing a New Air Conditioner
- Spending the Money – Buying a new AC unit is not always cheap, spending the money can feel like a waste if the system still seems to be working. If your system is not working this unexpected cost may be more of a shock.
The Pros of Purchasing a New Air Conditioner
- Efficiency – Technology is always changing and improving the efficiency of AC systems. A system that is even 5 years old may be a lot less efficient than a newer system.
- Lower Energy Costs – Thanks to better efficiency you will save money on your energy costs. A new AC system does not have to work as hard as an older system so you will get a more comfortable home with lower bills.
- Quieter – A new AC system will work a lot quieter than an older system.
- Long Term Savings – Not only will you save money on your energy costs but you will no longer have to make regular calls to the AC repair company this can save a lot of money in the future.
As you can see the pros of installing a new AC system far outweigh the cons. Purchasing a new air conditioner will save you money and stress in the long run.
Free AC Installation Estimates in Baltimore, MD
If you are looking to have a new AC system installed contact Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions, we provide a full range of AC installation and repair services for the Baltimore area. Our team of qualified and certified AC experts can help you find the right system for your home.