Your furnace needs to be ready for winter to ensure safe and reliable performance all winter long After all when the east coast winter hits, that’s when you need your heating system the most. But how do you prepare your furnace for the cold days and nights ahead? Do you really need to have your furnace inspected? And, if so, how often should you have your furnace cleaned?
Yes, you should have your furnace cleaned and inspected How often depends on whether or not you also have a cooling system, but experts agree you really need a full inspection and cleaning for your furnace once a year If you have a cooling system, you’ll want to have that inspected yearly as well
The ideal time to schedule your furnace cleaning is in the fall, before the nights get too chilly By having your home’s furnace cleaned and inspected in the early fall, you can take care of any potential problems, and have a reliable, clean running, and efficient furnace when you need it the most You’ll prevent costly emergency repairs, and keep your family comfortable as the mercury drops.
Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions provides yearly inspections, maintenance, and service for your furnace We’ve been your full-service plumbing, heating and cooling experts in the Baltimore area for over 33 years Our fully equipped fleet of service vehicles and our certified technicians are ready to assist you with all of your heating, cooling and plumbing needs.
Yearly furnace inspection and cleaning by a certified HVAC technician is recommended by furnace manufacturers in order to keep your heating system running smoothly and efficiently for years to come The average lifespan of a furnace is about 15-20 years. Of course, some heating systems will last much longer, but they don’t operate nearly as efficiently after two decades. In order to keep your furnace working as it should, yearly inspections and cleanings are necessary.
What to Expect from Yearly Cleaning and Inspection
Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions wants to ensure the comfort and safety of your family. For that reason, a yearly inspection of your furnace is encouraged. By taking the time to maintain your system properly, you’ll enjoy a season of clean, warm, safe heating in your home Our certified technicians will:
- Check for cracks, separations and other problems which could lead to dangerous carbon monoxide leaks, putting your family at risk.
- Calibrate your thermostat in order to prevent over-, or under-heating. An accurate temperature reading will help keep your home comfortable and your budget intact.
- Inspect the inner workings for any potential problems which could result in a costly service call.
- Lubricate all moving parts, such as fan and motor, and replace any belts that show signs of wear.
- Vacuum blower unit to prevent clogging and overheating, which can result in a fire hazard.
- Replace the filter to prevent overheating and unpleasant odors.
Seasonal maintenance of your Baltimore home seems like an endless “honey-do” list. But, for the safety and comfort of your family, you meet each task with gusto. Contact Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions for your furnace cleaning and inspection.