For garbage disposal replacement give us a call at
(410) 702-4219 or fill out the contact form on the right!
Reasons to Replace Your Garbage Disposal
In some cases, issues with your garbage disposal can be easily solved with a simple repair. However, in other cases, you may need to completely replace your old garbage disposal with a new one. The following are a few situations in which you may need to have your old garbage disposal completely replaced:
- It won’t turn on –
There are a couple of reasons why your garbage disposal isn’t turning on. It could be an issue with the circuit breaker or it could be because something is clogging the blades. If it’s neither of these, then it’s most likely because your garbage disposal has burnt out and needs to be replaced.
- It needs to be reset constantly –
If you have to push the reset button on the outlet or you need to switch the breaker on every time you want to use your garbage disposal, then odds are that either the garbage disposal is at the end of its lifespan or there’s insufficient wiring.
- Continuously keeps jamming –
If your garbage disposal keeps jamming or clogging up every time you use it, no matter what kind of food waste you put down it, then it may simply be time to replace it.
- It’s leaking –
If water is leaking from a crack in the garbage disposal, then it needs to be replaced.
- It’s over ten years old –
Once it’s reached the ten-year mark, it’s going to be reaching the end of its lifespan. At this point, there are more effective garbage disposal units on the market that you should consider replacing it with.
Avoiding Garbage Disposal Replacement
If you take care of your garbage disposal and use it the way it was meant to be used, then you can prevent it from breaking down and help to extend its longevity. The following are a few tips for preventing the need to replace your garbage disposal:
- Don’t use harsh cleaning products – A lot of store-bought cleaning products contain chemicals that can damage your garbage disposal over time. Use a mild detergent instead.
- Don’t use hot water while grinding – Hot water liquefies grease and oils, which can clog your drain and cause unneeded wear and tear on the garbage disposal.
- Don’t grind hard objects – This can cause the garbage disposal to break.
Scheduling a Baltimore County Garbage Disposal Replacement
If you own a garbage disposal, then you most likely depend on it heavily to get rid of food waste. If your garbage disposal breaks, then be sure to contact us online by filling out a contact form on the right or by calling us at (410) 702-4219 to schedule a garbage disposal replacement service today.