Here at Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions, we offer full-fledged plumbing services to both residential and commercial customers throughout Baltimore, MD, and the surrounding areas. We can handle everything from complicated sewer line repairs to simple faucet replacements. Although a faucet replacement may seem simple, it’s still best if you leave it to a professional.
If you need faucet replacement services in Baltimore or the surrounding areas, fill out our contact form or give us a call at (410) 702-4219!
Signs You Need to Replace Your Faucet
The following are common warning signs that it’s time to replace your faucet, whether it’s the faucets in the kitchen, the bathroom or anywhere else in your home or place of business:
- There’s visible rust – If the faucet has visible rust on the surface, then you should have it replaced. Rust contaminates your water, making it less healthy to drink and use.
- The water is brownish in color – This might mean that the inside of the faucet has corroded, in which case you’ll need to replace your faucet as well.
- The faucet is old – Generally speaking, a faucet begins to near the end of its lifespan around the eight-year mark. If you’re beginning to have issues with its function around this time, then it makes more sense to replace it instead of trying to repair it.
- You’re constantly paying for repairs – If the faucet keeps exhibiting different problems and faucet repair costs are piling up, it’s better to just replace it.
How We Will Replace Your Faucet
Replacing a faucet may seem like a simple enough task, but it requires a lot of steps to do. Our technicians have the training and skills to not only safely replace your old faucet, but to make sure that your new faucet is properly installed.
The following are the steps we will take to replace your old faucet:
- Disconnecting the old faucet –
This involves disconnecting the supply lines, the lift rod, the P-trap and the drain flange.
- Cleaning the area –
Once everything is disconnected and removed, the areas around the faucet holes and old drain will need to be cleaned.
- Installing the new faucet –
Depending on the type of faucet we’re installing, we may need to use some kind of sealant or plumber’s putty. We will then install the gasket so that the faucet can be attached and secured with mounting nuts.
- Assembling the faucet –
Not all faucets come pre-assembled, which means we may need to attach the handles.
- Installing the other components –
We’ll need to install the gasket, screw the flange on and insert the drain rod.
- Reconnect the supply line –
Once the faucet is completely installed, we will connect your supply line to the new faucet.
Once the faucet is completely installed and the supply line is reconnected, we will test the faucet to make sure it works properly. An improperly installed faucet can result in leaks and other problems.
Schedule Faucet Replacement Today
If you’re having problems with your faucet, contact us at Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions today. Our technicians will determine the best course of action and will be able to properly replace your old faucet if necessary.